Elvis & Priscilla Presley
(Source: two-hearts-beating-wildly, via honeypokapoka)
I just got back from BTN last weekend at Akademi Kenegaraan, Jalan Bellamy. This BTN is one of the fulfillment that a government servant who wish to further their study/do sub specialty overseas must attend. I was there for almost five days.
Well perhaps people are wondering how does Akademi Kenegaraan looks like. I don’t know about others but I did actually Googled about the academy before going there. It was really frustrating that I didn’t find any information about this. The only thing that came across was the comparison between the conventional BTN and the BTN which had underwent transformation, written by an author of a blog. I’ve Googled because I want to know the facilities provided and the types of accommodation, whether it is like hostels or hotels. Hehehe.
Well everyone, I am happy to announce that the place that we’ve stayed was an apartment.
A house accommodates three persons. Each of us were given our very own room with a complete set of bedroom — an aircond, a wardrobe with hangers, an apparel rack, a sejadah and a bed sheet together with a blanket. Ahhh aren’t they thoughtful? Tihihihi. You just have to bring a towel and your essential toiletries.
Here’s what I can summarise what I had during my time. I will not going to write about the activities, but I’m just giving a brief idea about the facilities of Akademi Kenegaraan. Perhaps this can help you packing up things for BTN. :)
1. Okay the first thing to bring is … nothing. Haha. Ok kidding! You have to bring your clothing for five days. This includes sports attire and sports shoes. Everyone is obliged to wear formal attire throughout the course.
2. If you are a vain person like me, you should not worry about bringing a mirror. Our house was provided with huge mirrors and we didn’t fight with each other cause there were enough mirrors for everyone.
3. Are you a person who will not get out from a house wearing a wrinkled shirt? Well, worry not as this academy has provided an iron together with an iron board. Aren’t them very thoughtful?
4. Two toilets and two bathrooms are provided in the house. You can have extra bathroom so that you and your housemates don’t have to share— by building your own academy tihihihihi.
5. I would give five stars if I were to rate the cleanliness of the academy. Absolutely superb. Norajikin bagi lima bintangggg *mimicking Nora Danish*
6. Congregational prayers were held every day, and a tazkirah came after that. On Tuesday night, we read Yassin and on Friday night, we played bowling at South City Plaza. I think it would be great if we get to read Yassin on Friday night and play bowling on Tuesday night.
6. Enjoy the activities arranged for you and you’ll be leaving with happy feet insha Allah :) I admit that I fall asleep during several talks and sometimes I refused to take part in group discussions. But above all, it is the good memories that I remember the most. Open up your mind, make new friends and seize the moments— you’ll be enjoying people who might go to the same country or go to same university with you.
I guess that’s all for now. Good luck to the future pegawai ke luar negara. Hope everything will be fine and smooth sailing insha Allah
p/s Pegawai ke luar negara… HEBAT! :)
Cyril Connolly (via idayumumtaz)
(Source: simplyhasanah, via idayumumtaz)
Isn’t it a cute handsock? The handsock was really comfy and it was not tight at all. I have seven colours that match with my baju kurungs and basically, I wear them to work.
Looking for handsocks? If you are interested to buy head over to The Rossette’s facebook We still have light blue and green in stock. This handsocks are highly recommended for amateur like me. :)
Hello anybody thereeee? Its been ages that I didn’t update my tumblr. Phewww! 2013 was really a hectic year for me, especially towards the end of it. I think (I am sure) that I was not productive at all throughout 2013 — writing posts here. Hahahaha aihh.
Okay la, let’s just start a new post the highlights of 2013— some of memorable moments that I could remember. Tehehehe.
1. A trip to Singapore with my beloved colleague, Kak Ju!
2. Alhamdulillah, performed umrah with my family. Ahhh please invite us again o Allah.
3. Trip to Bukit Tinggi, Japanese Village and Bagan Lalang with my girlfriends
4. Being Me Conference with the sisters—- ahhh I treasure this moment!
5. Watched Yuna’s awesome performance live at Istana Budaya with Nabira. Ahaa I didn’t blog about this tihehehehe
6. Went to Phuket for a conference and also jalan jalan. I didn’t blog about this too haha! This is my first time presenting a paper outside Malaysia and my second time presenting paper in an international level. So yeay, alhamdulillah I made it while I am still young haha!
A friend that I met at the conference
7. Presented another paper in an international conference and I would say that this was my best presentation so far. Alhamdulillah I didn’t feel that nervous like I did during my first and second presentations. However, I realise that I talked too fast, as if somebody was chasing after me! Haha. But above all, I am so thankful that I … *lost words* that I was there, and was one of the presenters. Tihehehe
8. Organised Poetry Recital Competition for my students. They all did a good job despite the fact that they were actually forced to join the competition. Haha!
9. Went to a Strawberry Farm at Genting Highlands, though only for a while. I had a course at Genting Highlands and before we went back home, we stopped at the farm. It was okay la…. at least we get to breathe fresh air instead of just sit, listen and write in a boring hall.
10. Attended Twins of Faith 2013 with, who else, Nabilaaaaa *pelat* Alhamdulillah it was good to be there. There were a huge crowdddddd and the talks were all amazing. My favourite speaker is and will always be Sh. Tawfique Chowdury. Last year I did blog about his talk during TOF2012, but as I mentioned in the early phase of this post, my end of 2013 was really hectic, I don’t get to sit to down properly and update my Tumblr. I wish I get the chance to write about his talk in some other time, insha Allah, maybe in my next post? Insha Allah, biiznillah. :)
2013 was basically about … hmmm. Its hard too say,throughout the year I’ve been learning… Alhamdulillah for the opportunities and blessings that have come my way. I’m a year older now, I don’t know what to ask for my future days, but one thing I am so sure of, I am definitely grateful for all I have.
Thank you Allah :’)
Sawadeekaaa 🙏 alhamdulillah touch down safely (at Phuket International Airport (HKT) ท่าอากาศยานภูเก็ต)
This really made my day.
Too cute, masha Allah. Cant stop smiling now :))